1. Applicant’s permanent address must be within the National Capital Area of Washington DC; Montgomery County, MD; Prince Georges County, MD; Arlington, VA; Alexandria, VA; Fairfax County, VA; Prince William County, VA.
2. Applicants must have at least a “B” average (3.0 on a 4.0 scale).
3. Applicants must be full-time students majoring in one of the stated fields of study at an accredited college or university during the year for which the scholarship is to be granted.
4. Submitted Application must include:
- NCAGC Application Form including the short answer
- NCAGC Financial Aid Form
- 3 letters of recommendation (including at least one from a teacher/professor) which discuss scholastic ability, personal character or work-related experience. Each letter should be limited to one typed page.
- A copy of the student’s complete official academic transcript for all courses taken, including the most recent semester. Graduate students must also include transcripts for undergraduate courses.
The official transcript must be mailed from the academic institution to the address below. All other materials are to be assembled by the student and mailed or emailed as a complete packet by March 1st to:
10120 Lawyers Road
Vienna VA 22181
Download the forms. Using the downloaded copy, complete the fillable form and save it to your computer.
College sophomores, juniors and graduate students pursuing a master’s degree may also apply for scholarships offered by the National Garden Clubs, Inc. by submitting the application form found at http://www.gardenclub.org/scholarships/.
NCAGC is celebrating 50 years of scholarship awards and reconnecting with past recipients to collect their stories. Please share with our donors how your life and career were affected by our scholarship award. Your achievements motivate our donors and inspire future recipients.
50th Anniversary donation link
Past Recipient Survey Link
NCAGC Garden Clubs interested in making Financial Contributions to the Scholarship Program, please send checks to:
NCAGC Assistant Treasurer
15174 Stillfield Place
Centreville, VA 20120
ATTN: Scholarship Fund